1955- Issues raised about existing health facility being able to properly serve community.
April 1, 1957- Rice County District Hospital established through a resolution passed by the Board of County Commissioners.
March 19, 1958 - Construction of new facility commences.
May 13, 1959 - Thirteen patients from old hospital are moved to new facility.
1964 - South wing (commonly referred to as 4-hall) is added. With this addition comes an increase of 18 rooms and an increase from 30 licensed beds to the present 44.
1980 - Several additions are completed including a new emergency/trauma area, new areas for the respiratory therapy and physical therapy departments, a new ambulance garage, a completely new kitchen facility and remodeling of the dietary area, remodeling of the administration and surgical areas, remodeling of the radiology department, and two additions to the existing patient room areas. Meals-On-Wheels program is implemented.
May 1985 - Swing Bed Program becomes fully certified.
October 1985 - Began preparing meals for prisoners in the Rice County Jail. Care Call program is implemented. This program is designed to keep elderly persons who live alone in touch with the outside world through an emergency paging system.
1990 - The Rice Community Healthcare Foundation is formed for the purpose of establishing funding to meet long-term healthcare needs of Rice County.
1992 - Noble Place is opened. Contact us for a brochure.
1996 - Hospital starts its own home health agency, Preferred Home Care of Rice County.
2000 - Swing Bed Activities Center added.
2001 - Certification as a Critical Access Hospital
2003 - Construction of a Hospital Laundry is completed
2006 - Governing board approved renovation of the hospital
2008 - Completion of OB and Administration areas, Phase I
Fall 2008 - RCHF inaugurates the Community Grants Program
Spring 2009 - The Family Health Clinic opens at the hospital
June 2009 - $9.5 million renovaton and construction project completed;
over 500 citizens participate in rededication and 50th anniversary celebration
2011 - Cardiac Rehabilitation program established at the hospital
March 2011 – Bob Mullen retires as administrator; George Stover is hired
as the new CEO
May 2011 – Sterling Medical Center acquired by Hospital District No. 1 of Rice County; Hospital assumes ownership of practices of Drs. James Decker, Kristi Darnauer and Stacy Dashiell
Summer 2011 – Implementation of electronic medical records process at the hospital
January 2012 – Lyons Medical Center acquired by Hospital District No. 1 of Rice County; Hospital assumes ownership of the practice of Dr. Roger Tobias
April 2012 – Acquisition of Lyons Medical Center building
October 2012 – Dr. Thomas R. Plumeri joins Lyons Medical Center